What do you do on a June gloom day? Why, paper bag masks! Especially good for those of us on a budget, this is a fun and easy craft your kids can make all by themselves. Except for the staples. Help them with the staples.
I call him Scary Pinocchio.
- A paper bag from your last grocery run
- Take the paper bag and cut in all the way open along one edge, cut of the bottom. Remove the handles. (They may be used as mouth, hat or ears)
- Fit the now long piece of paper around child’s head with enough overlap to staple together later.
- Cut off rest. Use this part to roll up into a cylinder and tape to bag as nose.
- Before attaching nose, locate eyes and cut holes into bad so child is able to see later.
- Color the bag. Any way you want. Give the mask a silly, funny, sad or scary face. Tape a handle to the bag as mouth or a hat if you like.
- Staple bag together and put on child’s head.
Done! You have just meaningfully recycled a paper bag. And it’s the easiest and cheapest craft and your kids are going to have a blast. Remember: You can give them all the toys you want, and they’ll play with the boxes they came in. So… just get the box only and save yourself some money! 🙂