So… I have awesome news! A great announcement to make: My blog was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! (Pause for effect)
I have no idea what that means. I suddenly had a comment on my post on Running Thoughts from another blogger who had nominated me. I almost didn’t approve the comment thinking it was spam, why with a link in it and an odd, completely unexpected message. But then I thought: Oh well, I have a Mac. It’ll stop the virus in its tracks if, in fact, it’s a bad link. So it turns out that The Resourceful Mama nominated me. Because apparently, random bloggers nominate other random bloggers for this award. OK. So what was I supposed to do with that? Well, here are the rules:
So What Is It?
So my first thought was: Whaaat?! How am I supposed to find 11 other blogs with under 200 followers. How do I even know how many followers blogs have? And my second thought was: Well, I still don’t know what ever a Liebster Blog Award is! So I went on a quest to find that out. My quest didn’t take long. The first search result was a nice blog post on Sopphey Says that summarized the bloggers own findings. She’s another blogger who was just as perplexed as I was about the nomination.
When Will I Win?
Speaking German, I knew what it means. Liebster is German and means “dearest” or “favorite.” So ok, I was nominated for a favorite blog award. My question really was though: How now exactly could I win and what would I be winning? COME ON! That’s of course the most important part about a nomination! Well, it turns out you can win nothing. And there will never even be a winner. What?! How boring. To be perpetually nominated. And I even have to do work for it and find 11 other small blogs to be nominated in perpetuity? Well, I honestly don’t know about that.
But I think it is pretty cool to be nominated for an award, even if it is a fake one resembling a modern day chain letter, after blogging for just about one month. Yay! And my first blog award (nomination) is even for a German award. How fitting! I think it’s a sign! The Weekend Mom is destined for great things!
Oh, that’s right. I am supposed to answer 11 questions and post 11 random facts of myself. I wonder if anyone even cares. So the rest of this blog post will only be that. You may stop reading at this point and I won’t be upset 😉
11 Random Facts
- I hate using (or just looking at) toilets that have black toilet seats. (Hey, it says random)
- I’ve always wanted a sister and all I got was a brother. lol
- My entire family still lives in Germany – I am the only representative in this country.
- My surrogate family is the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. Awesome people there, so glad I found them!
- My favorite TV shows are The Big Bang Theory and Suburgatory.
- My favorite food is Currywurst. That’s a German dish.
- You should try Currywurst, it’s awesome!
- I just ordered my second Dirndl. You want to see it? Click here: It’s the one on the right! I am totally excited to get it!
- After finishing my Fitness Challenge, I will consider doing a No Complaining Challenge. That might be impossible for me to do and would be a REAL challenge. Like, for absolutely real!
- 11 random facts are A LOT!
- My bedtime is usually 11PM. It is currently 11:20PM.
- What is the one thing you want to be remembered for?
Doesn’t matter so much, as long as my children and grandchildren remember me in a positive way.
- What is your favorite food and why?
- Who is your role model?
Jesus. I know it’s so cliche, but hey, he was perfect and is currently sitting on the right hand of God and is in charge of the world. I highly doubt it can get any better than that!
- If you’re a parent what is the one thing you enjoy the most about parenthood? If you’re not a parent, what is the one thing you enjoy the most about not having kids?
I am a parent, indeed. The most I enjoy seeing my son having epiphanies and learning new things as he gets that huge smile on his face because he is so proud about understanding this or that. A child’s mind is so curious and innocent. And cuddle time. Always cuddle time!
- What is your favorite book and why?
I really don’t know. I am not too much of a reader.
- If you could have dinner with one person in history who would it be and why?
Should I refer to number 3?
- What is your best childhood memory?
My childhood was easy, happy and always worry-free. So I have plenty of happy memories. Playing in the street all day with my fiends. Being allowed to browse through town without parental supervision. And Christmas. My mom would always put soooo much effort into Christmas. All my dolls would sit in front of the Christmas tree, hair brushed in new outfits. The same farm stand and dollhouse was next to the tree. Every Christmas. And they were always only out for Christmas. Those must be my favorite memories.
- High heels or flats?
I am tiny. Always high heels. Even my flip flops have a plateau.
- To date, what is your greatest life accomplishment?
Graduating from college, finding a job I really really wanted and loving it. And raising a wonderful little boy. That accomplishment is still in progress.
- Where is your favorite place to be?
Disneyland. It’s the happiest place on earth! It makes everything better. Everything. No matter when, no matter what.
- What is your favorite television show?
Phew! You’re still with me? I am proud of you! Did you learn anything new about me?
Oh man… now I need to nominate 11 other blogs? I don’t know. I am definitely not starting to research them right now. Maybe that’s a follow-up blog!